- "I made mushroom soup."
- — ProJared
The fifth season of Minecraft Hardcore was a series where PBG, Ray, Jared, Jeff, Dean, McJones and Barry play through Minecraft on Hardcore mode to attempt to obtain the Elytra, an item allowing gliding and flight located in the End.
List of Episodes Edit
|Episode No.||Title / Link to page on wiki||Link to video|
|Intro||Minecraft HC Season 5 - Intro/Trailer!||Video|
|1||Ft. RayNarvaexJr, ProJared, + SpaceHamster||Video|
|6||SHIELDS ARE AWESOME!||Video|
|8||THE DIAMOND ESCAPE!||Video|
|10||EXPLORING THE SURFACE!||Video|
|JUST A REGULAR SHOVEL!||Video|
|12||INTO THE NETHER!||Video|
|13||SPLITTING UP AGAIN?!||Video|
|14||CRAZY PIGMAN BATTLE!!||Video|
|15||BLAZES LEFT AND RIGHT!||Video|
|18||SINGIN' & SPELUNKIN'!||Video|
|19||SAILING FOR ENDERMAN!||Video|
|21||AN EMPTY HOUSE!||Video|
|22||WE FORGOT THE CHICKENS!||Video|
Team Status Edit
|Name||Character||Username||Episode of Death||Cause of Death|
|Barry||Pumkin (Baman Piderman)||razzbarry||7||While trying to destroy a cave spider spawner, Barry gets stuck in cobwebs and is attacked by a cave spider, which also poisons him.||"I can't get out!"|
|Jared (ProJared)||Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics)||ProJared22||9||Jared was knocked by a spider into lava and the spider prevented him from getting back up.||"Take the sword!"|
|Dean||Sonic (One Punch Man)||balmung135||13||While mining in the nether with Ray and Jeff, Ray breaks a block, causing lava to leak out. The lava traps Dean, and he dies.||"Lava! R.I.P."|
|Stewart||Professor Layton||McJonesRylie||15||While in a Nether Fortress, fighting Blazes, McJones is hit by a blaze, and burns to death.||"I'm dead!"|
|Ray Narvaez Jr. (BrownMan)||Miror B (Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness)||naMnworB||15||While fighting blazes in a Nether Fortress, an aggro Wither Skeleton attacks Ray, and he dies of the Wither effect.||"I'm fine."|
|Peeebs||20||While cooking food for Jeff to heal, a creeper sneaks behind him and blows him up.||"These fake pigs are bad omens, let's get out of here."|
|Jeff (SpaceHamster)||The Genie
|SpaceHammy||23||While on top of a pillar in the End, Dragon Breath cover and kills him.||"Oh crap, OH CRAP! OH NO! NOOOOOOOO!"|
Wolf Status Edit
On the last episode, Jeff found packs of wolves and tamed them. Four fell in lava, two died after trying to escape from the lava, one died when the ender dragon rammed into it, and another died due to the ender dragon's fire breath. Four wolves survived.
The final episode showed a credits sequence.
Austin Hargrave - PeanutButterGamer
Ray Narvez Jr.
Jared Knabenbauer - ProJared
Jeff Fabre - SpaceHamster
Stuart Hargrave - Professor McJones
Logo Animation & Overlay Graphics
Josiah McDaniels ft. PyjamaPants
Hardcore Editing, Camera, Production
Additional effects, Assistance
- This is the first season of a few things:
- The first season to be edited by Todd, who became editer when Jeff stepped down.
- Ray's first appearance in a Hardcore and only appearance to date.
- The first Hardcore where Jared's death doesn't involve exploding.
- The first Minecraft Hardcore that involves collecting a certain item instead of killing a boss. However, a boss must be killed to get a chance at obtaining it.
- The first Hardcore not to use pictures of the players and instead uses drawings.
- The first Hardcore not to use red Xs when players die. Instead, they use edited versions of the participants' faces in a way so that they look dead.
- Four wolves still survived after Jeff's death, 1 being in a mineshaft Jeff made to get to the portal and three in the portal room
- Two went with him to the end, both dying.
- This is the second Minecraft Hardcore that requires the party to enter the End to achieve their goal (collecting the Elytra).
- This is the first time they've visited the End since Season 1.
- This is the third season to use an intro song that's not The Truth of the Legend.
- The first episode of this season doesn't use the SFX when the camera view changes.
- This is the second Hardcore where someone spends an entire episode being the only player left, as the last three episodes consisted of Jeff by himself. The first Hardcore to do this was Minecraft HC 2, where Barry spent the last episode as the last player.